Pages

home     about     contact

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Adjusting to College Life: First Day of School Thoughts

I asked a few friends about their thoughts during the first day of school and this is what they said:

"I'm in college. Is this real?"

"Wow, these classes are big. Where should I sit?"

"Right up until school started I was really excited and I had to get up really early than I started panicking but it got easier as I went through my day."

My thoughts followed the same train of thought. College is a brand new experience and as much as you can try to prepare for the first day, you will always encounter something new which is the brilliance of the university. But here are some tips about surviving your first day!


  • Pack light - Nimi
  • Be open to meeting new people and don't be afraid to talk your professors. Try to be as early as you can be. - Maneesha
  • Get to your classes in time to sit in the front and make a friend in every class - Nikki
  • Don't be afraid to sit next to someone you don't know. Introduce yourself to your professor before or after class. Map it out so you aren't late to class. Eat a proper breakfast. Don't stress out! - Geetika
  • Pack your backpack and choose your clothes the night before. Don't forget to eat breakfast! Talk to your professors. Always have faith yourself! - Priya 
Don't forget to enjoy your day!
Christle Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...