Pages

home     about     contact

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Adjusting to College Life: Good Byes

I might just be the most awkward person on the planet when it comes to saying good byes. I know that they should be heartfelt and bring a genuine feeling of longing and sadness but I can't help but see them as casual. When saying good bye at college was introduced to the mix, I just was lost. I was sad, confused but excited and overall lost as to what I should be doing. I mention all of that to tell you that I am not the best person for this subject but I will share a few of my thoughts:

  1. If you can't say good bye in person, do it in a letter. Don't go all Dear John but it might just be easier to write it out
  2. Don't let them draw out- it makes it worse. Cherish the last few minutes and let them go
  3. You will always have thanksgiving and winter break and phones still exist. Use them
  4. Have a last get together with your friends. I was so grateful to touch base with my friends a few days before I left for college
I still dislike good byes,
Christle Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...