Pages

home     about     contact

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

TEDxTuesdays

I've started watching TED talks in the morning as I get ready for class in the morning. Here's a list of my five wonderful talks that I've watched in the last two months:

Ngozi Okonjo - Iweala's Aide versus Trade. Okonjo Iweala, former finance minister, bridges the gap between trade and aid in this 2007 TEDtalk.



Micheal Porter's Why Business Can Be Good at Solving Social Problems. Porter explores how business can be an effective actor in many global social problems.



Jeff Speck's The Walkable City. When I talk about seeing healthcare as a design problem, this video illustrates what I mean. How can we make cities better function to make us healthier and happier people?



Bryan Stevenson's We Need to Talk About an Injustice. This talk makes it to my favorite TEDtalks of all time. Stevenson's work with young adults of color and his interaction with the justice system is awe-inspiring. If you watch one talk on my list, watch this one!





I could watch these all day.
Christle





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...