Pages

home     about     contact

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dallas Museum of Art



The Dallas Museum of Art holds a special place in my heart. Countless field trips and memorable late nights makes the DMA one of my favorite spots in Dallas. I was thrilled to return to the DMA this past Friday with my good friend, Niki. The DMA houses some of our favorite artists from Mark Rothko to Piet Mondrian, and the sculpture garden features some great installments. 


Y'all. Downtown Dallas has changed since my last trip. Right across from the museum is Klyde Warren Park, which has over 5 acres of gorgeous green space over Woodall Rodgers Freeway, and a few food trucks. If you are in Dallas, put this on your to-do list.
  • Visit the museum. Dallas has the largest urban arts district in the nation, and I plan to take advantage of all of these opportunities this summer. The DMA is free with a wonderful rewards program (we got free exhibit tickets, holla) and is accessible by car or the DART. 
  • Eat at the Butcher's Son. The Southwestern Chicken Quesadilla has the perfect cilantro aioli that will rock your tastebuds. 
  • Spend time at Klyde Warren Park. I agree with Niki, bless the Leslie Knope of Dallas -this park is fantastic. Bring a book and bring a friend because the reading corner is wonderful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...