Pages

home     about     contact

Friday, June 27, 2014

Dry Bones + God's Breath


“He is the God of immeasurably more”

These words from Ezekiel 36 are written on the front page of my journal. Ezekiel finds himself in a valley full of dry lifeless bones (think the elephant graveyard from Lion King). These bones are remnants of lives once lived. Lives once filled with joy and happiness - now decaying and forgotten. Then the Creator of Heaven and Earth asks if these bones can live.

There are seasons in life where I find myself asking the same question.

The spring of my freshman year was overwhelming. I knew God wanted more from life and I felt His ask was too big. The God of the Universe and my Creator wanted more than my Sunday worship and a daily quiet time. He wanted for me to give Him all of my burden and stress. Giving God everything meant that I wasn’t capable. That I wasn’t the hero of the story. That I wasn’t in control. I had reached a point where I felt marked my defeat and failure. I felt dry and lifeless just like the bones Ezekiel found.

But thankfully the Lord answers. God told Ezekiel that the bones can live. That these bones will be filled with the breath of God. That these bones will find purpose and movement. That these bones will come to know the Lord.

And how sweet is it to know that God doing this work daily. He is picking up our bones, and he is fashioning us to look more like His Son. He leaves our shame and failure in the dust and call us by a new name. He calls Sarai, Sarah. He calls Saul, Paul. And he calls us, loved. Chosen. Blessed. Redeemed.

He is the God of immeasurably more and the God of new names.

The She Reads Truth community is working through the book of Ruth, and I invite you to walk with us at SheReadsTruth.com.


4 comments:

  1. Such a great post Christle. How amazing is it that at such a young age God has given you so much understandig over his word. May God continue to bless you and continue using you for his Kingdom. Thanks for sharing, I needed to hear this today.

    This morning I felt like dried up useless bones, but after reading your post I'm asking God to fill me up with his spirit, to breath in life into my dried up bones and bring me to life once again. God bless you sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gema! How awesome is it that we serve a God who is willing to pour so much of His mercy, grace, and love into us!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet spirit you have - I pray many blessings over you that you would continue to see God moving in mighty ways in your life and see Him Redeeming. He WILL do immeasurably more than you could ever ask or imagine. Thank you for sharing your heart with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, thank you for the prayers and thank you for reading! I'm so grateful to serve a God who does immeasurably more on a daily basis.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...