Pages

home     about     contact

Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekend Recap



This has been a busy (and tiring) weekend filled with wedding celebrations and family visits and movie nights and shopping trips. Unfortunately this wonderful weekend has come to an end (yay for Mondays). But my cup runneth over with memories and belly laughs.

Family from all over came to Dallas to celebrate my cousin's wedding. It was a gorgeous event. I was even invited to participate in her Asoebi. Asoebi are clothes made from matching patterns / fabric worn by family and friends to show support of a bride. The custom originated with Yoruba, but can be found in many African celebrations.

This was a needed break in my summer routine. A chance to see family and friends. A chance to celebrate love and happiness. A chance to spend more time on memories and less time on memorizing.

Tomorrow I'm off to see Queen Bey + Jay Z in concert with my sister, and then I'm on lockdown until my MCAT is over and I'm settled in Austin.

May the God of hope full you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15:13

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's like the weekend shouldn't come to an end. Good to have fun.

    First time here by the way :) Saw your blog from the link up and your 'gele' attracted me to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I wish this weekend could have gone on!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...