Pages

home     about     contact

Monday, September 8, 2014

tour christle and gold


new reader? Times are a changin’ here at Christle and Gold. I’ve been planning these changes for a while and I’m so excited to share a few of those changes and explain some staples.

Name Change.

I started this blog as Christle Clear with the intent of sharing advice about college and posting a few stories about my time in Austin. Things kinda changed last summer. I started writing about issues I felt passionate about (e.g. feminism, race relations, faith). The change to Christle and Gold reflected this change in my writing. As I mentioned last week, Christle and Gold is a place where you can dig deep and find gold. I want this to be a place where I can ask difficult questions, trusting that I have a God who is big enough to handle them. I don’t want to divorce my feminism from my faith or think my views on race are irrelevant to Jesus.

Gold Mine.

If you’ve been around the blogging world for more than a minute, you will notice that bloggers love sharing their favorite links. Gold Mine is my twist on a traditional weekly link series. As the end of each month, I highlight a few of my favorite stories, videos and photos. You can expect to find a wide range of topics - from colonialism to dresses out of paper.

Check out March’s Gold Mine.

Spotlight.

This series is inspired by Lean In’s Trailblazing Women. Women have achieved numerous victories over the past century. Unfortunately, women of color have disproportionally left out of the history of women’s rights and achievements. Spotlight allows me to celebrate these women in the best way I know.

Check out Spotlight: Honoring Maya.

College.


I’m a junior at the University of Texas (HOOK EM’) and I couldn’t be happier in Austin. The bulk of my readers stopped by Christle and Gold because of my pre-med posts and I'm so happy you're here. If you have any questions about college or being a pre med, just ask!

--
Most Popular Posts

My Favorite Posts

Stay awhile and dig deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...